THE IDEAL FIREPLACE FOR HOME AND FAMILY.
What better way to beat the winter chill's than with a quality fireplace from the Fireplace and Furniture Factory.
Now is the perfect time to start looking into having one installed, up and running for when you need it most during those cold winter months. Whether you choice is either a wood or gas fireplace we have the experience, know-how and range of options to suit almost any fireplace installation.
To help in selecting the ideal heater for your home, we have outlined a fireplace check-list and handy installation request form to assist you in fast-tracking the selection process.
1. FIREPLACE THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER
- The size of the overall home area you need to heat.
- Your home lay-out, open-plan or traditional separate room.
- The height and width of the installed heater room.
- The type of floor coverings in the room, carpet or floorboards.
- Type of roof construction, tiles or colourbond and is it flat or pitched?
- Will the fireplace be wall installed internal or external?
- Positioned in the corner or flat against the wall.
- Will it be an exsisting chimney insert replacement?
- The type of wall materials, brick or plaster.
- Window coverings, blinds or curtains.
- Do you have a powerpoint near for the fan?
- Is your dwelling single or double storey?
- Overall flue height from heater to flue exit of roof.
2. TWO MAIN TYPES OF COMMON FIREPLACES.
⊕ Freestanding Fireplace
The ideal new fireplace install which requires minimal construction & costs.
Fireplace stands installed upon on a non-combustable hearth (tiles or brick) with flue.
⊕ Built-in Fireplace
Fireplace Insert allows you to up-grade an existing chimney fireplace.
Space Insert enables you to take advantage of any blank wall with minimal construction.
3. COMMON FLUE INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
The diagram below illustrates the most common issue, the correct flue height to avoid issues such as down drafts. Wood fireplace installations must also meet the required minimum Australian installation standards (ASNZS2918).
*Professionally installed fireplaces by The Fireplace and Furniture Factory meet and or exceed Australian Standards.
4. MAIN TYPES OF FLUE INSTALLATIONS
The diagrams below illustrate the most common types of home flue installation.
EASY REQUEST A QUOTE CUSTOMER FORM
To assist in selecting the right fireplace for your home, the team at Fireplace and Furniture Factory have complied a easy customer quote form. Download, detail your heating requirements, present it to our showroom sales staff in person or email this directly. Easy!