Kwila hardwood and why is it used in outdoor furniture?
Kwila or Merbau as it's known, is a timber that naturally grows in the regions throughout the South East Pacific rim, such as Northern Queensland, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Indonesia & etc. It is a hardwood that is used in the manufacture of outdoor furniture because of it many suitable properties:
* It's stability and natural resistance to splitting.
* Furniture is able to remain permanently outdoors in all climates & conditions.
* The natural oil in Kwila hardwood makes this timber extremely durable.
* Has minimal shrinkage properties.
* Withstands extremes weather conditions.
* Has a "Rating 1" from the Australian Department of Primary Industries, the highest standard of suitability for timber used in outdoor furniture.